FrostWire, a BitTorrent client (formerly a Gnutella client), is a collaborative effort from hundreds of Open Source and freelance developers from around the world. In late 2005, concerned developers of LimeWire's open source community announced the start of a new project fork "FrostWire" that would protect the developmental source code of the LimeWire client. The developers of FrostWire give high regard and respect to the GNU General Public License and consider it to be the ideal foundation of a creative and free enterprise market. FrostWire has evolved to replace LimeWire's BitTorrent core for that of Vuze, the Azureus BitTorrent Engine, and ultimately to remove the LimeWire's Gnutella core to become a 100% BitTorrent client that is simple to use.
Frostwire's features include:
- Completely Free & Open Source!
- Faster Download Speeds
- iTunes™ Compatible!
- Faster Torrent Speeds
- Friendly Online Chat Rooms
- Bittorrent Support!
- Even More Connections
- New & Improved Skins
What's new in this version:
- Enhancement: Lucene full text indexing for Smart Search database to allow for fuzzy searches.
- Enhancement: Lucene full text indexing for Library database allows better search results on Radio search and playlist search.
- Enhancement: Audio player will start playing currently selected audio source if it's on a stopped state.
- Bug Fix: Finished Downloads shows only finished downloads.