Greenfish Icon Editor Pro (GFIE Pro) is a powerful freeware icon, cursor, animation, icon library and image editor. Layer support with advanced selection handling makes it a really professional and unique freeware tool for designing pixelgraphic images. GFIE offers high-quality filters like Bevel, Drop Shadow and Glow; supports editing animated cursors and managing icon libraries.
It's lightweight (< 5 MB unzipped) and also has a portable version - just unpack it to your USB drive and use it anywhere. A clean, customizable, multilanguage user interface makes it really easy to learn and use.
What's new in this version:
- Improved: GFIE will be cross-platform in the near future (will run on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X)
- Rearranged user interface: tabs instead of MDI windows
- Greatly improved: image processing speed
- Added feature: loading/saving Apple ICNS files
- Added feature: loading/saving JPEG 2000 files
- Added feature: loading/saving 16-bit executables and icon libraries
- Added feature: pressing Escape deselects all
- Added feature: rotating selection by an arbitrary angle
- Added feature: textboxes which expect numbers can now accept and calculate expressions, like 12*(128+10)
- Added feature: Wand/Bucket can be switched to non-contiguous mode
- Added feature: patterns for drawing
- Added feature: new blend modes: Hue, Hue Shift and Saturation
- Added feature: new menu items "Import pages" and "Export all pages"
- Fixed bug: XPM export sometimes wrote unescaped backslash (\) characters into output