jv16 PowerTools is a PC System Utilities Software that works by cleaning out unneeded files and data, cleaning the Windows registry, automatically fixing system errors and applying optimization to your system.
The Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool allows you to run the History Cleaner and File Cleaner simultaneously, displaying their results in a single results window. Other tools such as the Startup Optimizer, Registry Compactor and Windows AntiSpy can be activated at once while using the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer tool, depending on your preferences.
Software that contain security vulnerabilities put your computer at great risk, as they can allow other malicious software or users to take control of your computer, which may lead to loss of important files or identity theft. The Check For Vulnerable Software tool scans your computer to look for installed software as well as left-over traces of old software containing known security vulnerabilities.
Windows AntiSpy allows you to disable Windows features that might have implications on your privacy. The tool is designed specifically for Windows 10 but many of its features are also available with other versions of Windows, make their use more private. In addition to privacy relating features, it also allows you to improve the user interface of Windows by adding or removing specific features as well as apply performance related tweaks.
Startup Timer measures the time your computer takes to start up. This tool also measures the impact that all of your automatically starting software have on the system startup to allow you to see exactly what is causing your computer to start slowly.
Pictures AntiSpy allows you to remove private metadata from your picture files. Using this tool you can safely remove private data such as camera model name, GPS location and time and date when the picture was taken and more relating private data from the digital photos for which you do not wish to store this information.
jv16 PowerTools 18.104.22.1682 bug fixes:
- Fix: Running the Clean and SpeedUp My Computer may show an Access Violation error message relating to TFilenameExtractor.FinalizeResultList.
- Fix: Using the Custom Error Fixing feature in Clean and SpeedUp My Computer may show an Access Violation error message.
- Fix: Running the Software Uninstaller can show an error message about Cannot create file …\Backups\IS_GenLog2.log
- Fix: Running the software can display an Integer Overflow error message.
- Fix: Clean and SpeedUp My Computer’s broken shortcut scan does not honor the Never Show Again feature. Items which are hidden by Right Click > “Never show again” are still shown.
- Fix: Initial Setup does not complete on certain systems.
- Fix: Opening of tools can have a long (over 5 second) delay with the “Loading, please wait” text on screen before the tool actually opens.
- Fix: The software might not accept license data via My Account saying it failed to download the license.
Fix (added for 22.214.171.1243): The software can display an error message about a range check error when started.
- Improvement: Improved the accuracy of detecting installed software from the system, this will improve the results of the Software Uninstaller and Clean and SpeedUp My Computer.
- Improvement: Updated 3rd party libraries used within the software to their new versions.
- Improvement: General stability improvements.
- Improvement: Improved compatibility with NVIDIA and AMD Radeon graphics cards and drivers.
- Improvement: Improved compatibility with Dashlane password manager.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware