Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-deffered images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 4.2.5 fixed bugs:
- Fix an assert in the transform tool when working with a tablet and touch
- Fix continued transformation in the transform tool
- Fix updates in the transform tool
- Show the publication time in the welcome page news ticker in the user’s preferred short date/time format
- Fix using the tangent-normal brush when the canvas is rotated or mirrored (BUG:404408)
- Make it possible again to create new palettes and save them in the resource folder, instead of the current document (BUG:410137)
- Make Krita not gobble up all available memory when loading a JPG file with specific metadata (BUG:410242)
- Constrain assistant editors to the viewport, so they can always be manipulated
- Make sure Krita stores changes to brush presets in the current session by default (BUG:410463)
- Remove an assert that could be triggered when opening the first image in a session
- Update the version of the default input settings profile, so the rotate/zoom action will be activated even if the user already had a local kritadefault.profile file
- Fix a crash on using the move tool while the image is being opened (BUG:398968)
- Make sure the painting tools don’t block anymore (BUG:409968,408826,409275)
- Make the shortcut handling system more tolerant when shortcuts overlap (BUG:409968)
- Fix a crash in the transform tool
- Make the transform tool and the move tool more responsive
Download: Krita 4.2.5 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 4.2.5 (64-bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware