Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-deffered images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 4.2.6 new features:
- Add new layer from visible to layer right-click context menu.
- When running Krita for the first time on Windows, Angle is now the default renderer. Note that if you have an NVidia GPU and Krita’s window is transparent, you need to select Angle manually in Krita’s settings; if you have another GPU and you have problems with the canvas not updating, you might need to manually select OpenGL in the same window.
- Allow selection overlay to be reset to default. (BUG:410470)
- Set date for bundle creation to use ISO-Date. (BUG:410490)
- Fix freeze with 32bit float tiff by using our own tiff reader for the thumbnails. (BUG:408731)
- Ensure filter mask button is disabled appropriately depending on whether the filter supports it. (BUG:410374)
- Enable the small color selector if opengles is available as well (BUG:410602)
- Fix mixed Zoom, Pan, Rotate on macOS (BUG:410698)
- Ensure that checkboxes are shown in menus even when using the fusion theme
- Isolate Layer Crash (BUG:408785)
- Properly fix font resetting when all the text in the editor removed (BUG:409243)
- Fix lags in Move Tool when using tablet device (BUG:410838)
- Fix Shift and Alt modifiers in Outline Selection Tool (BUG:410532)
- Ensure Convert group to Animated Layer shows text in the toolbar. (BUG:410500)
- Allow ‘Add Clone Layer’ to Work on Multiple Layers (BUG:373338)
- Fix saving animated transparency masks created through conversion (BUG:409895)
- Partially fix the curve change despite ‘Share curve across all settings’ checked (BUG:383909)
- Try harder to make sure that the swap location is writable
- Properly handle timezones in bundles
- Make sure all the settings dialogs pages are always shown in the same order
- Make the settings dialog fit in low-res screens (BUG:410793)
- Remove misleading ‘px’ suffix for ‘move amount’ shortcut setting
- Make string for reasons for image export problems translatable (BUG:406973)
- Fix crash when creating a bezier curve (BUG:410572)
- Fix deadlocks in KoShapeManager (BUG:410909, BUG:410572)
- Fix a deadlock when using broken Wacom drivers on Linux (BUG:410797)
- Fix absolute brush rotation on rotated canvas (BUG:292726)
- Fix deadlock when removing reference image (BUG:411212)
- Fix a deadlock in handling of vector objects (BUG:411365)
- Fix autosave saving only once (BUG:411631)
Download: Krita 4.2.6 (32-bit) | Portable | ~100.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita 4.2.6 (64-bit) | Portable
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware