LAVFSplitter is a multi-format media splitter that uses libavformat (the demuxing library from ffmpeg) to demux all sorts of media files.
LAV Splitter is a Souce Filter/Splitter required to demux the files into their separate elementary streams. LAV Audio and Video Decoder are powerful decoders with a focus on quality and performance, without any compromises. Supported Formats: MKV/WebM, AVI, MP4/MOV, MPEG-TS/PS (including basic EVO support), FLV, OGG, and many more that are supported by ffmpeg!
LAV Filters are based on ffmpeg and libbluray and is aimed to offer a all-around solution to perfect playback of file-based Media as well as Blu-rays.
What's new in this version:
- NEW: H.264 MVC 3D demuxing from MKV 3D, Blu-ray discs and Blu-ray SSIF files
- Fixed: The bitdepth of DTS-HD MA streams is reported properly in the stream information
- NEW: H.264 MVC 3D decoding (requires madVR 0.90 or newer)
- NEW: HEVC HDR streams export the HDR metadata to the video renderer (requires madVR 0.89.18 or newer)
- NEW: VP9 DXVA2 Hardware Acceleration
- NEW: Weston Three Field Deinterlacing filter (w3fdif)
- NEW: Ability to choose which GPU is used for DXVA2-CopyBack decoding
- Changed: Removed the CUVID HQ processing option, it is now automatically used when appropriate
- Fixed: CUVID would crash when playing certain HEVC files
- Fixed: Some pixel format conversions were much slower than expected
- Fixed: Pixel Format changes mid-stream were not re-negotiated with the renderer in all cases
- Fixed: Changes in the framerate due to software deinterlacing are properly reflected in the media type
- Fixed: Increased PCM buffering to avoid stuttering with TrueHD on some audio devices