MusicBee is an application geared toward managing extensive music collections, easy to use and with a comprehensive feature set. It makes it easy to organize, find, and play music files on your computer, on portable devices, and on the Web. It provides playback of a wide range of audio formats, smart playlists with the ability to discover and play new music from the web, advanced tag editing with automated artwork and tag look up, folder monitoring, automated file re-organization, portable device synchronization, and secure CD ripping with AccurateRip verification.
- Supported formats: MP3, AAC, M4A, MPC, OGG, FLAC, APE, TAK, WV, WMA and WAV.
- Audio CDs: Audio CD playback and ripping (with CD-Text capabilities) is supported. CD tracks can be ripped (in fast or secure mode) as individual files or as a single album with embedded cuesheet.
- Conversion: Conversion from and to all supported formats as metadata are preserved. Synchronization of tags only (in case that the output file already exists) instead of reencoding is possible.
- ReplayGain support: both playback and calculation.
- File Organization: Organization and renaming of music files into folders and files based on tag values such as artist, album, name, track number, etc. that can be specified. MusicBee can do this automatically for all files in a music library or the user can choose the files or folders themselves.
- Web Browsing: Browsing of the web using Mozilla's XULRunner environment.
- Scrobbling: Tracks played from MusicBee can optionally be scrobbled to Last.fm.
- Customizable user interface layout.
- Customizable keyboard shortcuts.
- MiniLyrics support
MusicBee 3.0.6276 changelog:
- upgrade the xbox music plugin to use the new groove api (note the old xbox plugin api will cease working after March 2017)
- fix wavebar seek when outputting to a UPNP device
- add back in support for localised artist biographies
- fix rename a podcast episode when renamed from the tag editor
- fix autosweep not applying the autosweep naming template if the library is auto-organised with no naming rule for the target drive
- fix music explorer not retrieving all matching files when filtering by Genre
- fix synching virtual files (single file split by cuesheet) when no format conversion is done
- when locking with full screen enabled/ unlocking MusicBee (from the view menu), the window should now size correctly on win10
- fix tag changes not being saved to file when you edit the tags of a playing track and then you rate the track while still playing
- when moving files to a new folder, the file permissions are now inherited from new parent folder
- fix high dpi scaling for the custom tags dialog
- include "always on top" option in the compact player header menu
- fix group by bug when the artwork panel is configured to show the selected tracks on the bottom of the main panel
- tweaked caching of artwork for the Album and Tracks view
- improved handling for multi-line podcast episode descriptions