Norton AntiVirus defends your computer against viruses, spyware, worms, bots, and other malicious software while minimizing the performance impact onto your computer. This enhanced protection system features multi-layered protection technologies that work simultaneously to proactively block cyber-attacks and detect and remove malicious threats before they can harm your PC. Norton AntiVirus offers a quick install time, fast boot time and has low memory needs which reduce the burden onto a system.
Built on a legacy of world-class security products, including Norton Antivirus, Norton Internet Security and Norton 360, the new Norton Security includes an array of ‘defense-in-depth’ technologies that have protected users for years. These include Network-based defense technologies such as Firewall and Intrusion Protection System (IPS), File-based defense technologies (traditional core anti-virus capabilities), Reputation-based defense technologies (Insight) and Behavioral-based technologies (SONAR).
Changes in Norton AntiVirus and Norton Security 184.108.40.206:
- Renamed "Norton File Insight" to “File Insight” in the context menu
- Added a new toggle for PEP [Pro-Active Exploit Prevention] under Firewall settings
- Added Norton Safe Search Popup for Comcast Norton Security Suite Layouts which Enables customer to set Norton as Default Search provider. [Patch not yet available to Norton Security Suite]
- Added an option to remove Norton if set as default home page and default search provider
- Fixed an issue where Google Chrome toaster gets truncated when displayed.
- Fixed an issue where Remediation task continues to run periodically, waking computer from sleep mode, Win7 and Win10.
- Fixed an issue where Auto-protect option is greyed out after 22.5.2 update.
- Fixed an issue where Anti-Spam stops filtering Outlook emails after updating from 21.x to 22.5.x.