Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 7.5.2 changelog:
- Add DSpellCheck plugin into distribution.
- Add version and other info into installer.
- Fix an issue while installing a x64 version, x86 version (if it exists) is not removed - and vice versa.
- Fix display glitch of certificate checking error message.
- Remove unused/empty entries from shortcut mapper.
- Add BaanC function list feature.
- Add batch auto-completion into installer.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware