PeaZip is an open source file and archive manager. It's freeware and free of charge for any use. PeaZip can extract most of archive formats both from Windows and Unix worlds, ranging from mainstream 7Z, RAR, TAR and ZIP to experimental ones like PAQ/LPAQ family, currently the most powerful compressor available.
- Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, ZIP files
- Open and extract over 180 archive types, including ACE, ISO, RAR, UDF, ZIPX files
- Archive managemet: extract, create and convert multiple archives at once, create sfx archives, split and merge files, save job definition as script
- File management: advanced search, navigation and bookmarking features, find duplicate files, calculate checksums and hashes
- Security: strong encryption with two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion
- Available both for Windows and Linux in portable and installable version
What's new in this version:
5.5.3 release introduces new 7z 9.38 beta back-end for handling mainstream archive formats, improves context menu and navigation menu, and enhances address breadcrumb with clickable directory list for each node level.
5.5 line features LZMA2 replacing LZMA as default compression algorithm for .7z format, introduces batch file rename functions, advanced selection with a dedicated dialog, new function to copy selected path(s) as text, and enhanced graphic files conversion functions and fit to screen pre-sets.
Archive management features "Halt system after task completion" flag (Advanced options tab), and new option to remove single intermediate directory upon Extract to new folder operations.
Identification of supported file types is improved: + character in Information column declares supported archives, . character identify known file types that can be handled as archives.
Scan (compressed and non-compressed) files extends support to more anti-virus and anti-malware solutions.
New "Update only" mode for Windows installer is now available, to update application files and let unchanged the current system integration - file association, context and send to menus.
181 file extensions are now supported, after adding support for Microsoft's .mlc Language Interface Pack and .mui Multilingual User Interface package formats.
Translations are available in 30 languages, any help is welcome to translate PeaZip to new languages and to maintain current localizations up to date, so please consider taking the time to give a look to translations directory for newer language files and for any resource useful for translators.