PowerArchiver is a fast and easy to use compression utility. PowerArchiver offers an option to use an Explorer-like interface for browsing your hard drive for archives, which also supports shell integration. It supports most popular compressed and encoded formats currently in use.
PowerArchiver enables you to create ISO images, either by ripping the CD/DVD/BD with Disc Grabber, or directly with files from your hard disk. With PowerArchiver’s Virtual Drive feature, you can also mount .ISO images into Windows so they appear like a normal drive and you can browse inside. In addition to creating and mounting .ISO images, you can now burn archives, images and any files directly from PowerArchiver or via Explorer Shell Extensions to a CD, DVD or Blu-ray disc. Once you’re done, you can verify the burned files to make sure everything was burned correctly and without errors.
Read and write support for ZIP, ZIPX, 7-ZIP, CAB, LHA (LZH), TAR, GZIP, BZIP2, ISO (ISO9660 and UDF - PRO only), BH, XXE, UUE, yENC, and MIME (Base 64). Read and extract support for: RAR (10% faster than WR 4.x), ARJ, ARC, ACE, MSI, NSIS, CHM, DMG, RPM, CPIO, VHD, XAR, LZMA, SquashFS, CramFS, ZOO, WIM plus ISO (ISO9660 and UDF) disc image formats and much much more...
Changes between 16.00.69 and 16.02.04:
- Various language updates - Various translations have been updated to latest release.
- Improved default RAR settings- Compression for default RAR max improved due to setting change. Now customized settings are applied when using compress to .rar shell extension as well.
- Large FTP improvements – various large improvements in FTP functionality.
- Spanned 7zip support improved – Fixed issue with spanned 7zip files.
- ACE format support improved – Fixed support for specific ACE archive.
- UAC improvement – Bring to front implemented for certain UAC windows.
- PAE/PAE2 improvements – Various smaller changes and fixes for encryption format support.
- 7zip ultra compression improvements – improved settings when using Ultra compression setting with 7zip format.
- Customize classic toolbar improvements – Added icon previews and dividers to customize classic toolbar window.
- Various icon and graphical changes – Various changes for icons and other graphical changes in large dpi scenarios.
- RAR encrypted filename support improved- Fixed issue with RAR encrypted file archives in shell.
- Compression profiles support improved – Improved usability of compression profiles in shell.
- Various Smaller improvements and fixes – total of over 40 improvements