QupZilla is a new and very fast QtWebEngine browser. It aims to be a lightweight web browser available through all major platforms. This project has been originally started only for educational purposes. But from its start, QupZilla has grown into a feature-rich browser.
QupZilla has all standard functions you expect from a web browser. It includes bookmarks, history (both also in sidebar) and tabs. Above that, it has by default enabled blocking ads with a built-in AdBlock plugin.
In addition to standard features, QupZilla offers:
- Native look'n'feel on Linux
- Library - History, Bookmarks and RSS Reader in one window
- Option to send DNT Do-Not-Track header
- Private Browsing mode
- History and Bookmarks Sidebars
- Stylable user interface through themes (4 already packaged with browser)
- SSL Certificate Manager
- Search Engines Manager
- Supports importing bookmarks from other browsers
- Speed Dial for quick access to favorite pages
QupZilla 2.0.2 changelog:
- update default user-agent strings
- add short command line variant for all options
- show navigation bar when adding new tab in fullscreen
- supermenu button is no longer hidden in fullscreen
- fix overwriting speed dial title when loading fails
- fix positions of speed dials in rtl
- fix context menu actions when site specifies base href
- fix issue with tabbar sometimes being invisible when leaving fullscreen
- Windows: fix background radient in browsing library
Notes: This is the last bugfix release in 2.0 release cycle. Newer releases of QupZilla will now require at least Qt 5.7. The upcoming 2.1.0 version of QupZilla will, among other new features, bring back support for spell checking.