ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
What's new in ScreenToGif v2.15:
- The algorithm that analyzes each frame, looking for pixels changes, is now a bit faster.
- You can now add basic shapes. This feature is still experimental and there's more shapes to be implemented.
- You can now export your project as a PSD file.
- Updated the French and Russian translations.
- When opening the app via the "Open with" context menu, Gifski and FFmpeg were not being found (if they had a relative path).
- Also, it was fixed some other issues related to selecting the FFmpeg/Gifski files when the previous path was relative.
- The app could crash when editing key strokes of a project.
- It was impossible to undo the "Remove duplicates" action when using the option "Don't adjust".
- Also, because of that bug, when applying the "Remove duplicates" action with other option than "Don't adjust" and later applying with that option, the app would crash too.
- Board recorder: When trying to discard a recording, the app could crash.
- With the new recorder UI, when changing from selecting a Region/Window to selecting a Screen, the Accept/Retry/Cancel UI was appearing when it should not.
- Small adjustments with the new recorder UI for high DPI screens.
What's new in v2.15.1:
- Updated the Dutch and French.
- The FFmpeg/Gifski integration was not working.
- Some minor visual tweaks.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware