ScreenToGif is an open source program that lets you to record a selected area of your screen, live feed from your webcam or live drawings from a sketchboard. Afterwards, you can edit and save the animation as a GIF or video. Also there's the Webcam Recorder and the Board Recorder.
- Record your screen and save directly to a gif looped animation or a video.
- Pause and continue to record or start over by discard the recording.
- Move the window around to record what you want, it stays on top.
- You can add Text, Subtitles, Title Frames, Borders, Watermarks, Drawings, etc.
- Crop and Resize.
- Remove frames that you don't want.
- Select a folder to save the file automatically or select one before encoding.
- Add the system cursor to your recording.
- Very small sized and portable executable.
What's new in ScreenToGif 2.36:
- New installer and portable versions with the full package (no .NET 6 download required) are available alongside with the lighter versions, which still require the installation of .NET 6 desktop runtime.
- New installer package (MSIX) available.
- Added an option to prompt to overwrite when saving (enabled by default).
- Updated the Danish, French, German, Hungarian, Polish, Norwegian, Russian, and Simplified Chinese localizations.
- The smooth loop feature was not working properly.
- A new message will be displayed if you already have a smooth loop based on current settings instead of a warning.
- It was not possible to set the app to start at Windows startup.
- A settings migration issue from 2.31 to newer versions was fixed.
- It was not possible to export as PSD.
- When not having permission to save the settings to the installation location, the app would not try to save to AppData.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware