Scribus is an open-source program that brings cross-platform professional page layout to Windows, Mac OS X, Linux/UNIX, and OS/2.
It is powerful software that helps you create great looking documents of all kinds. It also comes with a lot of support options to help you achieve the best results. There is an enthusiastic and friendly community around Scribus that assists beginners and pros alike through mailing lists, the IRC channel, wiki, contracted support, and the bugtracker.
Scribus supports professional features, such as CMYK color, spot color, separations, ICC color and robust commercial grade PDF.
- 1.3.5 is based on Qt 4 (the minimum required to run 1.3.5 is Qt 4.4.0)
- A native OS X version, available as DMG file (Universal Binary)
- Improved menu integration with OS X
- Large parts of the canvas and text code have been rewritten
- A new frame type called Render Frames, which allows for rendering markup languages like LaTeX or POV-Ray inside Scribus
- Added import filters for the following vector formats: Adobe Illustrator, Xfig, WMF
- Added import filters for colour palettes, including allowing palette import from EPS/AI files
- Major improvements to the handling of solid colours, as well as new colour palettes
- Drag and drop improvements
- PDF 1.5 presentation effect support
- Optional embedding of PDF and EPS files
- Transform effects for items
- Path tools for shapes
- Added more additional default shapes, line patterns and arrowheads
- A new line editor for custom line styles
- A new Quick Start Guide in the Help Browser, as well as other major updates and enhancements to the online help
- Significant enhancements to existing features like the Scrapbook, the Image Manager or the Font Preview
Download: Scribus 188.8.131.52
Screenshots: >> Click here