Stardock has released Start11 version 1.1, a program that allows users to customize the Windows Start menu and taskbar. As with previous editions of StartX products, Start11 can make the Start menu appear as it did in previous versions of Windows but also enhance the experience by adding new features and functionality to Windows.
Start11 v1.1 adds support for folders, enhanced Fences integration, a new right-click icon submenu, the ability to import existing Windows 10 menu layouts, and more.
“Since Microsoft released Windows 11, we have continued to optimize Start11 for the new operating system,” said Brad Sams, VP and General Manager of Stardock Software. “One of our priorities in v1.1 was bringing folder functionality to the Windows 11 style menu and enhancing integration with our most popular application, Fences”.
In v1.1, both Windows 10 and Windows 11 users can easily create a folder directly within the Start menu by holding down the shift key and dragging one icon over another. The new right-click icon submenu makes it easy to change the appearance of app icons in the Start menu, too.
Fences users will enjoy enhanced integration with Start11. This new functionality enables the ability to add fences directly into the Start menu and creates another layer of personalization for the desktop.
For new installations on Windows 10, Start11 will now import the existing Windows 10 layout for the Windows 10 style, including all existing folders. This makes it easier than ever for users to get started with Start11.
For scenarios where devices are used by multiple users, the new “lock” feature will make sure your icons stay right where you left them.
- Folder support for Windows 10 and 11 styles. Create a folder directly in the Start menu by dragging one icon over another while holding down the shift key.
- Open an icon submenu with a simple right click and easily change the app icon that appears in the menu on Windows 10 and 11 styles.
- Streamlined onboarding with the ability to import an existing Windows 10 menu layout into Start11
- Easily add fences directly to your Start menu with enhanced support for Fences integration.
- Lock icon positions in Windows 10 and 11 style menus.
Start11 is currently available for $5.99. There is an upgrade option for users of Start8 and Start10, it is also included with Object Desktop. For more information, visit www.stardock.com.
Object Desktop includes programs such as Fences, Start10, Groupy, SoundPackager, DeskScapes, and Multiplicity.
Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock
15 Comments - Add comment