Samsung is said to be refurbishing 2.5 million Note7 handsets with new bodywork and smaller batteries. The company is expected to begin selling them in emerging markets, such as India, from June.
Build released to Dev channel fixes underlying issues with Start menu
windows 11 insider preview
Galaxy note7 recallRSS
Samsung has reported profits in Q4 of 2016 despite the large recall of Galaxy Note7 devices after reports of explosions were reported. The earnings were driven by the memory business.
Samsung's mobile chief confirmed today that a successor to its fiery Galaxy Note7 flagship is on the way - and despite the damage to the brand, it looks like the Note name will live on.
Samsung is preparing to share results of its Galaxy Note7 investigation, after discontinuing the device due to safety risks. Its details will be announced later in the month.
A passenger who changed the name of the Wi-Fi hotspot on their device to 'Samsung Galaxy Note7_1097' sparked a mid-air safety scare, during which the captain threatened to make an emergency landing.
Samsung has announced that it will prevent its fiery flagship from connecting to mobile networks in Australia from December 15, in an effort to force remaining owners to return the device.
Reports are currently doing the rounds claiming that Samsung is planning to sell refurbished Galaxy Note7 devices next year in India and Vietnam - but that seems extremely unlikely.
Samsung has published an open letter to its customers, acknowledging that it "fell short" on its commitment to safety and quality with the launch and subsequent recalls of its flawed Galaxy Note7.
Samsung will soon roll out an update to its fiery flagship in South Korea and Europe to prevent its battery from charging above 60%. A third of the devices sold in Europe still haven't been returned.
Even President Barack Obama is making fun of Samsung over the Note7 recall. The President delivered his joke while speaking at Miami Dade College on Thursday, in defense of his Affordable Care Act.
Samsung's latest flagship device was supposed to please the company's fans, but has proven too dangerous for consumers - so much so that major airlines are investing even more in safety precautions.
Following 96 incidents in the US - including 13 in which people suffered burns, and 47 reports of property damage - the CPSC has published official details of the Galaxy Note7's final recall.
Samsung has said it will "dispose of" all Galaxy Note7 units after its latest recall - and aside from the massive financial cost of doing so, there will also be a high environmental cost to consider.
A man from Kentucky was hospitalized after his replacement Galaxy Note7 device caught fire. It was later found out that Samsung knew about the issue, but kept quiet about it.
Samsung's Galaxy Note7 continues to be a nightmare for the company, as even a replacement device has now caught fire on a Southwest airplane. The user says he's already switched to an iPhone 7.
Some users in the US and South Korea have reported that their replacement Galaxy Note7 handsets are becoming so hot that they can't hold them next to their ears - and Samsung says it's investigating.
A man claims that the replacement Galaxy Note7 he received under Samsung's recall program exploded less than 24 hours after it arrived, causing injuries to his hand, and damage to his Apple MacBook.
Samsung says 90% of those who have so far returned their Galaxy Note7 have chosen to stick with the device by opting for a replacement - but almost over 40% of US owners still haven't returned theirs.
Some Galaxy Note7 owners whose devices were replaced under the recall program are reporting that the new handsets are overheating, and that their batteries are losing power even while being charged.
Verizon and Sprint have resumed sales of the Galaxy Note7 - but Verizon's reference to the recall contains a notable inaccuracy, and Sprint's listing makes no mention of the handset's safety at all.
Samsung is pushing out an update to all recalled Galaxy Note7 handsets, which will display a warning urging owners to switch off and exchange their device - every time they turn it on or charge it.
With an official recall process now underway, Samsung intends to resume sales of its fiery flagship in its home market of South Korea next week, and will reportedly do the same in the US next month.
Samsung will soon begin the process of putting its disastrous Galaxy Note7 launch behind it. The company says it will resume sales of the device - currently under global recall - from September 28.
The US Consumer Product Safety Commission today announced a recall of one million Samsung Galaxy Note7 devices, due to their likeliness to catch fire and cause injury or property damage.
A software update will prevent the Note7's battery from charging above 60% of capacity to help reduce overheating - but owners are still being urged to switch off the device and seek a replacement.
A young boy from Brooklyn, NY has suffered burns after the Galaxy Note7 on which he was watching videos exploded in his hands, a day after consumers were urged to stop using the device.
The Consumer Product Safety Commission, an independent US government agency, has formally advised owners of the Galaxy Note7 to stop using it immediately, following a series of fiery incidents.
The Note7 has been recalled and while Samsung has outlined its US solution, T-Mobile is offering the ability for a "no hassle" return and will even let you keep the promotional accessories.
Within 24 hours, Samsung has offered its US recall plan for those with a Galaxy Note7. In addition to replacement, Samsung will also offer the chance to switch to an S7 or S7 edge, and a $25 credit.