This Weekend's PC Game Deals is where the hottest gaming deals are amassed into an easy to follow format, every week, from all over the internet. So kick back, relax, and hold on to your wallets.
Humble Monthly Bundles generally end on the fifth day of the month, but it seems last month's Killing Floor bundle ended earlier than usual, bringing us a brand new early unlock sooner.
This month's Humble Monthly Bundle is offering Crystal Dynamics' Rise of the Tomb Raider along with several other yet to be revealed games for $12. The game arrived as a sequel to the Tomb Raider reboot from 2013 and was very well received by fans and critics alike.
Rise of the Tomb Raider has Lara Croft in search of the lost city of Kitezh, with the action packed combat, puzzle platforming, and a good deal of quick time events returning from the previous game.
Keep in mind that even more games will be included in the bundle once it comes to a close on October 5, and active subscribers can enjoy a 10% discount on all Humble Store purchases.
On the other hand, If you're a fan of the classic Tomb Raider games, take a look at the Tomb Raider II fan remake that is being developed using Unreal Engine 4.
Returning for the ninth time with new games in tow is the Humble Jumbo Bundle 9. The bundle currently offers seven well-received indie games in total, with the promise of additional games being included in the coming days.
Purchasing the $1 tier will get you The Flame in the Flood, a rogue-lite survival game; Infested Planet, an action strategy title; and Human: Fall Flat, a humorous physics-based puzzle game.
Opting for the second tier, which comes in at just above the $5 mark, brings in Verdun, the realism focused WW1 shooter; Samorost 3, a point and click adventure game set in bizarre worlds; and Warhammer: End Times - Vermintide (includes Drachenfels DLC and a Razorfang Poison trinket), a four player co-op title with plenty of oversized rats to massacre. With Warhammer: Vermintide 2 being announced earlier this week, this may be a great opportunity to try out the original on the cheap side before the sequel lands.
The final tier, that stands at $10, gives you SCS Software's American Truck Simulator. The game's simulation aspect is taken quite far by the developer, recently shutting down an in-game highway to mimic a real-life incident, and even planning to implement musical roads with the upcoming New Mexico map expansion DLC.
It's unclear how buying discounted games will help anyone with school, but who are we to complain about great deals. The WinGameStore and the MacGameStore began their 'Back to School Sale' earlier this week, and the sales have a couple of days still left on the counter before coming to a close.
Like many stores have done in the past, these sales also employ flash deals that refresh every 24 hours with new games sporting deep discounts. Arriving in the form of 'Featured Deals', today's flash deals on WinGameStore have some great picks, such as Batman - The Telltale Series for $6.24, Mount & Blade: Warband for $4.99, and Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons for $1.49.
Meanwhile, last week's back to school sale by Square Enix is still in effect, with a majority of the publisher's offerings discounted by a great deal. This sale is slated to end on August 5, so be sure to grab some games that catch your fancy.
There are two wildly different first-person shooters that you can try for free this weekend, and curiously, both games have the name of the war they take place at in their names.
Up first is a Steam free weekend for Rising Storm 2: Vietnam, a realistic military shooter that launched for PC just three months ago. If you are tired of all the fast-paced shooters that keep popping up, this may be right up your alley.
While the free weekend is active, Steam is offering a 25% discount on the game, bringing it down to $18.74. However, Dreamgame is currently selling the title for $16.08, which you can opt for if you want to save a couple of extra bucks.
Next, we have an open beta for the upcoming co-op shooter, RAID: World War 2, which is perhaps as far from a realistic shooter as you can get.
Being published by Starbreeze Studios, the gameplay is similar to Payday 2, but instead of robbing banks and such, you and your friends will be going against the Nazis, with the reward being plenty of Nazi gold.
The open beta will end on Sunday at 1pm PST, however, a closed beta is also available that will run until September 17. The caveat is that admittance to the closed beta is only available for those who own Payday 2, and to anyone who pre-orders RAID: World War II's special edition.
This is a great opportunity to try the beta out if you can put up with some bugs that may be present in it. Raid: World War II will be launching later this month on September 26,
With the beginning of the weekend comes a wide assortment of sales from numerous PC game stores, and below, we have a selection of handpicked games that are near or below their historical discount rates. Note that the MacGameStore provides Steam keys, meaning the games will also run on Windows operating systems when they are activated.
- DiRT 4 – $40.19 on Steam
- Sid Meier's Civilization VI – $29.99 on MacGameStore
- Sherlock Holmes: The Devil's Daughter – $24.99 on Humble Store
- Hitman The Full Experience – $24 on Square Enix Online Store
- Shadow Tactics: Blades of the Shogun – $23.99 on WinGameStore
- Stellaris – $19.99 on WinGameStore
- Kerbal Space Program – $19.59 on WinGameStore
- XCOM 2 – $17.99 on WinGameStore
- Total War: WARHAMMER – $17.95 on GameBillet
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided – $15 on Steam
- Just Cause 3 – $15 on Square Enix Online Store
- Outlast 2 – $14.99 on Humble Store
- Total War: Rome II - Emperor Edition – $14.98 on Steam
- Fallout 4 – $14.95 on GameBillet
- Stories Untold – $14.95 on Humble Store
- Mafia III – $13.99 on MacGameStore
- Guardians of the Galaxy: The Telltale Series – $12.49 on WinGameStore
- Red Faction Collection – $11.99 on WinGameStore
- Borderlands 2 Complete Edition – $11.99 on MacGameStore
- Homeworld Remastered Collection – $11.89 on WinGameStore
- Total War: ATTILA – $10.95 on GameBillet
- Company of Heroes 2: Master Collection – $9.99 on WinGameStore
- Aragami – $9.99 on Humble Store
- Civilization V: The Complete Edition – $9.99 on WinGameStore
- Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel – $9.99 on WinGameStore
- XCOM: Enemy Unknown Complete Pack – $9.99 on WinGameStore
- SOMA – $8.99 on Steam
- Overcooked – $8.49 on WinGameStore
- The Turing Test – $8 on Square Enix Online Store
- Tomb Raider Game of the Year Edition – $7.5 on Square Enix Online Store
- Total War: SHOGUN 2 – $7.49 on Steam
- Cities: Skylines – $7.49 on WinGameStore
- Batman - The Telltale Series – $6.24 on WinGameStore
- Deus Ex: Human Revolution - Director's Cut – $5 on Square Enix Online Store
- Murdered: Soul Suspect – $5 on Square Enix Online Store
- Life is Strange Complete Season – $5 on Square Enix Online Store
- Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition – $5 on Square Enix Online Store
- Thief – $5 on Square Enix Online Store
- This War of Mine – $4.99 on WinGameStore
- Mount & Blade: Warband – $4.99 on WinGameStore
- Game of Thrones - A Telltale Games Series – $4.49 on WinGameStore
- Just Cause 2 – $3.75 on Square Enix Online Store
- Door Kickers – $2.99 on WinGameStore
- Amnesia: The Dark Descent – $2.99 on Steam
- Amnesia: A Machine for Pigs – $2.99 on Steam
- Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days – $2.5 on Square Enix Online Store
- Deus Ex: Game of the Year Edition – $1.75 on Square Enix Online Store
- Kane & Lynch: Dead Men – $1.75 on Square Enix Online Store
- Brothers - A Tale of Two Sons – $1.49 on WinGameStore
Now, with all those pesky DRM-filled games out of the way, let's take look at some DRM-free deals. As you might gather from the list below, GOG is hosting a Square Enix sale this time, with a wide assortment of classic titles on offer from the publisher's repertoire, spanning from the late 90s to the early 2000s.
- Deus Ex GOTY Edition - $2.49 on GOG
- Thief Gold - $2.49 on GOG
- Thief 2: The Metal Age - $2.49 on GOG
- Thief 3: Deadly Shadows - $2.49 on GOG
- Tomb Raider 1+2+3 - $2.49 on GOG
- Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation + Chronicles - $2.49 on GOG
- Hitman 3: Contracts - $2.49 on GOG
- Hitman 2: Silent Assassin - $2.49 on GOG
- Deus Ex 2: Invisible War - $2.49 on GOG
- Hitman: Codename 47 - $1.49 on GOG
- Conflict: Desert Storm - $1.49 on GOG
- Pandemonium! - $1.49 on GOG
- Pandemonium 2 - $1.49 on GOG
- Gangsters: Organized Crime - $1.49 on GOG
- Project Eden - $1.49 on GOG
- Anachronox - $1.49 on GOG
- Startopia - $1.49 on GOG
- Legacy of Kain: Defiance - $1.49 on GOG
- Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 - $1.49 on GOG
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver - $1.49 on GOG
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 - $1.49 on GOG
Do keep in mind that pricing and availability for some deals may vary depending on the region you're in.
And that is it for our pick of this weekend's PC game deals folks, and hopefully, some of you have enough self-restraint to not break the bank adding new games to your ever-growing backlogs. Of course, there is a gargantuan amount of other deals available all over the interwebs if you search hard enough, so keep your eyes open for those as well.
Don't forget to follow us @NeowinGaming on Twitter to keep up to date with our gaming coverage!