Transmission is a BitTorrent client for the Mac and Linux operating systems. It is the most popular client on Mac OS X and the default BitTorrent client on many Unix and Linux distributions, including Ubuntu, Mandriva, Fedora and OpenSuse. Although open source and technically cross-platform in nature, the developers of Transmission have not released a Windows version of the software yet.
Transmission-Qt Win is an unofficial Windows build of Transmission which features a simple interface on top of the cross-platform back-end. The interface and functions of the Windows port is identical to that found on the Mac and Linux counterpart. Transmission is a pretty advanced BitTorrent client with powerful features, most of these already available on uTorrent and similar software with the exception of blocking bad peers with a blacklist.
What's new in this version:
- Local (unofficial) release (shows version 2.84).
- Local Changes:
- New Chinese translation (thanks to liaodahao).
- Details panel: Fixed opening files on CIFS shares (workaround for a Qt error).
- Fix several problems caused by not using current location.
- Fix failure to run completion script, and bad encoding of env var.
- Built with gcc 5.1.0. - Using curl 7.42.1, dht 0.24, libevent-2.0.22, Qt 4.8.7.
- Installer built with InstallBuilder 15.1.0.
Update: Version 2.84.4 (rev. 14386)
- Re-build & re-upload of the last release.
- There was a problem with latest libevent, reverted to using libevent-2.0.21.
- This time the Chinese translation is the latest (thanks liaodahao for checking).