Universal Media Server is a DLNA-compliant UPnP Media Server. UMS was started by SubJunk, an official developer of PMS, in order to ensure greater stability and file-compatibility. The program streams or transcodes many different media formats with little or no configuration. It is powered by MEncoder, FFmpeg, tsMuxeR, AviSynth, MediaInfo and more, which combine to offer support for a wide range of media formats. Because it is written in Java, Universal Media Server supports all major operating systems, with versions for Windows, Linux and Mac OS X.
To see a comparison of popular media servers, click here.
Universal Media Server 10.4.1 changelog:
- Fixed broken transcoding for some users
- Fixed file scanner freezing on some files with external subtitles
- Fixed support for HEVC (H.265) via tsMuxeR
- Fixed detection of some Samsung 4K (UHD) TVs (thanks, jkl16!)
- Translation updates via Crowdin:
- Dutch (100%) (thanks, johnnygood!)
- German (100%) (thanks, pipin!)
- Korean (99%) (thanks, VenusGirl!)
- Norwegian (85%) (thanks, nhanssen88!)
- Spanish (100%) (thanks, Julio Alberto García!)
- Bump spotbugs-maven-plugin from 4.2.0 to 4.2.2
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware