VidCoder is a DVD/Blu-ray ripping and video transcoding application for Windows. It uses HandBrake as its encoding engine. Calling directly into the HandBrake library gives it a more rich UI than the official HandBrake Windows GUI. VidCoder can rip DVDs but does not defeat the CSS encryption found in most commercial DVDs.
- MP4, MKV containers
- H.264 encoding with x264, the world’s best video encoder
- Completely integrated encoding pipeline: everything is in one process and no huge intermediate temporary files
- H.265, MPEG-4, MPEG-2, VP8, Theora video
- AAC, MP3, Vorbis, AC3, FLAC audio encoding and AAC/AC3/MP3/DTS/DTS-HD passthrough
- Target bitrate, size or quality for video
- 2-pass encoding
- Decomb, detelecine, deinterlace, rotate, reflect filters
- Batch encoding
- Instant source previews
- Creates small encoded preview clips
- Pause, resume encoding
VidCoder 5.13 changelog:
Updated HandBrake core to 1.3.0. This brings many new features, including
- Support for encoding to WebM container format
- Support for reading Ultra HD Blu-ray discs (without copy protection)
- Updated Intel Quick Sync Video to use Direct3D 11 API
Overhauled log system
- Each scan and encode has its own separate log, and general app messages are put into the General log.
- Logs for past scan and encode events are visible on the Log window.
- Added button to upload the log to Pastebin and copy a link to it.
- Added option to copy logs to a custom directory.
- Removed in-memory log copy which should reduce VidCoder memory consumption.
- Added support for importing SSA/ASS subtitles.
- Improved behavior for dragging imported subtitle files: It pops up a non-blocking status message rather than opening a dialog.
- Removed Advanced tab. It had not been updated in years, is missing a ton of options, bad defaults, inaccurate tooltips and no protection from invalid settings. The recommended way to alter these settings is now through the More Settings box and referring to up-to-date documentation on the settings: https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/MeGUI/x264_Settings
- The full x264 parameter list is now displayed side-by-side with the "More Settings" box to let you know exactly what you're getting.
- Added option to keep failed and stopped output video files. Global options -> Advanced -> Keep files from failed or stopped encodes .
- Updated to disable move/remove/edit context menu items for jobs on the queue that are currently encoding.
- Added ability to automatically select chapter ranges.
- Added ability to drag/drop rearrange them.
- New picker will always open beside the picker it was based off of, rather than the end of the list.
- Added shortcut buttons to source panel to change audio and video encoding settings.
- Added keyboard tips to the ribbon when pressing Alt.
- Added F5 keyboard shortcut to Encode or Resume.
- Added context menu option to remove all items from the queue.
- Added options to clear succeeded or clear failed from the completed items list.
- Changed "Delete" menu option on queue to "Remove from queue" to make it less ambiguous.
- Replaced worker process communication with a new .NET Core compatible library.
- And many bug fixes and other small improvement.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware