VirtualBox is a powerful x86 and AMD64/Intel64 virtualization product for enterprise as well as home use. Targeted at server, desktop and embedded use, it is now the only professional-quality virtualization solution that is also Open Source Software.
Some of the features of VirtualBox are:
- Modularity. VirtualBox has an extremely modular design with well-defined internal programming interfaces and a client/server design. This makes it easy to control it from several interfaces at once: for example, you can start a virtual machine in a typical virtual machine GUI and then control that machine from the command line, or possibly remotely. VirtualBox also comes with a full Software Development Kit: even though it is Open Source Software, you don't have to hack the source to write a new interface for VirtualBox.
- Virtual machine descriptions in XML. The configuration settings of virtual machines are stored entirely in XML and are independent of the local machines. Virtual machine definitions can therefore easily be ported to other computers.
VirtualBox 5.2.10 changelog:
- VMM: Fixed missing NULL pointer check in MMIO code
- Storage: fixed having multiple NVMe controllers with ICH9 enabled (5.2.0 regression)
- Network: fixed wireless detection regression when bridging to adapters with unbound IP protocols (bug #17543)
- Network: fixed VERR_INTNET_FLT_IF_NOT_FOUND when bridging to some adapters on Windows hosts (possibly related bugs #15294, #15060, #13481)
- Audio: Fixed interrupt storm in FreeBSD guests with HDA (bug #17219)
- Keyboard: Introduced a small delay to fix old software which expects to be able to read an incoming scan code more than once (bug #17592)
- Windows installer: Removed the "Ignore" action in the case the current VBox installation is still running, as the (successful) update will not work until a host reboot is performed
- NAT: Handle nameserver 0.0.0.0 which is a valid setting (bug #17584)
- BIOS: INT 15h/87h service must disable A20 gate when done
- Linux Guest Additions: fix a hang starting KDE Plasma
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware