Vivaldi is a web browser built for – and with – the web. A browser that is fast, but also a browser that is rich in functionality, highly flexible and puts the user first. A browser that is made for you. Vivaldi is produced with love by a founding team of browser pioneers, including Jon von Tetzchner, who co-founded and led Opera Software.
Here’s a look at a few features that make Vivaldi the ultimate web power tool for those who need it most.
- Tab Stacks: Feel like you have too many tabs open? Vivaldi solves that with tab stacks. Drop tabs on top of each other to create a stack. It’s the fastest way to reduce clutter and keep organized. And when you’re ready to switch between tabs, Vivaldi has a number of customizations for that too.
- Tab Stack Tiling: Have a big screen? Tile that tab stack and see multiple pages at the same time! With multiple tab stacks, it is like having multiple desktops!
- Sessions: Take browser management to the next level. Save your favorite set of tabs as a session for later retrieval.
- Notes: The perfect tool for researchers. Mark that quote and save it as a note. Vivaldi can remember which site you were browsing at the time, and allow you to take screenshots as well.
- Quick commands: Access open tabs, bookmarks, history, settings and more through a command interface.
- Mouse gestures and keyboard shortcuts: If you really want to operate the browser at lightning speed. Mouse gestures turn a flick of the wrist into almost any action in the browser. Keyboard shortcuts do the same with simple key combinations.
- Speed Dial: Your favorite sites and bookmarks easily accessible from any blank tab. Include Groups and Folders for even more Speed Dials!
- Better bookmarks: Access your bookmarks from the bookmarks panel, bookmarks manager, bookmark bar and of course Speed Dial.
- Web Panels: View websites in your Vivaldi sidebar. The perfect way to browse tweets, Facebook posts, or chat alongside your primary browsing window. We like to say it’s the next best thing to a “Boss button” for the web.
- Personalized: Vivaldi adapts to you, not the other way around. We made Vivaldi the most customizable browser, all based on feedback from millions of users. In fact, there are more than 1 million different ways to make Vivaldi your perfect browser.
- Plenty more features to discover to ensure you stay productive and effective on the web. Plus, Vivaldi supports Chrome add-ons, although hopefully you won’t need too many with so many features available out of the box.
What's new in Vivaldi 1.3.551.30:
- Themes - You can now get Vivaldi to look exactly the way you want. You'll have Vivaldi blend in perfectly on your favorite desktop.
- Mouse Gestures - If you are not using mouse gestures, now is the time to start. There are more than 90 (Nine Zero!) browser actions that can be performed with a mouse gesture!
- Privacy - WebRTC is interesting and powerful and these are a set of very useful features but they have some side effects like disclosing your IP address. This has some privacy consequence. With Vivaldi, you can now turn WebRTC off and only have it on when you need it.
For Linux users - Tab hibernation now works as it should, and some proprietary media embedded in HTML5 content can now be enjoyed in Vivaldi on Linux without problems. [full release notes]