WebSite-Watcher is a powerful yet simple website-monitoring tool, perfectly suited to the beginner and advanced user alike. If you can work with an email client, you can even work with WebSite-Watcher! The software places you in complete control over what gets checked, when it gets checked, and even how you are notified.
WebSite-Watcher main features:
- Monitor web pages
- Monitor password protected pages
- Monitor forums for new postings and replies
- Monitor PDF/Word/Excel documents
- Monitor binary files
- Monitor local files
- Monitor RSS feeds, Newsgroups and local files
- Highlight changes in a page
- Powerful filter system to ignore unwanted content
- Many more features to stay up-to-date.
Lots of other features:
- Additional actions when updates are detected - For example to play an alternative sound, send emails or open the changed page with another program. You configure the software to work the way you want.
- Powerful Plugin system - Bookmark checks can be enhanced with the integrated Plugin system. For example to monitor a page for a specific price and alert an update only if the price is less than USD 100. Plugins must be written in the programming language Basic. WebSite-Watcher contains an integrated development system, no other tools are required.
- Work with checked pages (Searches, Reports, etc.) - All monitored pages are saved to your hard drive. This allows you to quickly and simply open and view the monitored pages, search text in downloaded files and make reports... all without even having to be online.
- Archive pages permanently - Keep the information you need by archiving pages with our tool Local Website Archive. This can be done automatically via the bookmark properties or manually on demand.
- Synchronize bookmark files - Synchronize bookmarks between computers with the synchronize functionality.
- Backup and Restore - The integrated Backup/Restore feature allows you to backup and restore your settings, bookmarks and downloaded files into/from a zip archive.
WebSite-Watcher 2021 21.0 changelog:
- Cosmetic filters: This is an extremely powerful new feature to completely remove unwanted content from a page. Cosmetic filters are applied before the page is processed by WebSite-Watcher. Result is or can be a (much) smaller page with only the content you want to monitor. This feature can also be used to remove cookie banners, floating windows etc. See Video-Tutorials
- Check technology "Default" uses now an internal Cookie database (instead of IE Cookies)
- Check technology "Screenshot" is now based on Chromium (instead of Internet Explorer)
- Check technology "Screenshot" can now be executed in Incognito mode
- CSS filters: additional rules
- css(name) ... default behavior, matches all elements with id="name" or class="name"
- css(#name) ... matches all elements with id="name"
- css(.name) ... matches all elements with class="name"
- css(.name*) ... matches all elements with class attribute containing "name" (will match class="name name2")
- Right click bookmark + Extras + Re-Initialize page: This can be useful when changes to the bookmark properties will not take effect until the next update is detected. This feature allows you to test changes to the bookmark properties immediately.
- Chromium Macros improved: More steps can be recorded
- Dropbox API: Support for short-lived tokens. It's required that you re-connect to Dropbox.
- Connecting WSW with Dropbox could cause a false message that the Dropbox folder is not found
- WebSite-Watcher could cause a crash when closed via Windows Shutdown
- Improved behavior when closing WebSite-Watcher via Windows-Shutdown
- Special filter "Watch all changes in image addresses": WebSite-Watcher will insert all these image addresses to the end of the page, so you can see in your browser which addresses are changed.
- Special filter "Watch all changes in link addresses": WebSite-Watcher will insert all these link addresses to the end of the page, so you can see in your browser which addresses are changed.
- Bookmark action "Local Website Archive": Save entered notes
- Script command "BackupToZip": New parameter /NoCacheFiles. The created backup file will be much smaller and only contain the bookmark database with all required files and configurations.
- Shortcuts can be defined for Browser+Back and Browser+Forward
- Shortcuts window: Search feature
- New program tweak: BrowserAcceptLanguage=
- Lets you configure the "accept-language" HTTP header. This tweak will be used for the internal browser and for bookmark checks that are based on Chromium (Chromium/Browser, Chromium-Macros and Check-by-screenshot). For more information about this header search the web for "HTTP Accept-Language".
- Default value is: en-US,en
- Example: BrowserAcceptLanguage=de-DE,de,en-US,en
- Smaller improvements and fixes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware