WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
WinRAR 5.61 changelog:
- "Delete archive" extraction option deletes all volumes even if user started extraction from non-first RAR volume, but first volume is present and all files are unpacked successfully. In such case previous versions ignored "Delete archive" even if WinRAR was able to locate the first volume and process the volume set from beginning.
- Compression ratio bar is not displayed on "Archive" page of Explorer file properties for archives with encrypted file names. WinRAR cannot reliably calculate it for such archives without a password and previously it just displayed 0% here.
- WinRAR displayed "The specified password is incorrect" message infinitely when attempting to open RAR5 archive with encrypted file names if wrong global password was set with Ctrl+P;
- memory management bug in the password dialog could lead to access to already freed memory followed by crash. This issue may be also associated with security risks;
- fixed a crash when processing corrupt RAR archives. This issue may be also associated with security risks;
- while starting, WinRAR could cause a brief flickering in menu bars of few other applications;
- WinRAR "Find" command matched "String to find" against all archived files ignoring "File names to find" mask when searching in CAB archives;
- SFX module "License" command did not set a title of license window;
- if "Start-up folder" in WinRAR settings included the trailing backslash, WinRAR ignored first "Up one level" command.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware