WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
WinRAR 6.10 Beta 3 changelog:
- "Legacy context menus" option in "Settings/Integration" dialog can be used in Windows 11 if WinRAR commands are missing in "Show more options" Windows legacy context menu or in context menus of third party file managers. If WinRAR commands are already present here, keep "Legacy context menus" option turned off to prevent duplicating them. This option is not available in Windows 10 and older.
- Added extraction of .zst archives starting from so called skippable frame with user defined data. Previous beta versions supported .zst archives only with standard frame in the beginning.
- Improved the precision of extraction progress for RAR5 archives with large recovery record.
- there was a memory leak when unpacking data in XZ format;
- "Delete archive" extraction option failed to delete .zx## parts of multipart .zipx archive;
an excessive trailing colon was displayed in "lt
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware