WinSCP is an open source free SFTP client, FTP client, WebDAV client and SCP client for Windows. Its main function is file transfer between a local and a remote computer. Beyond this, WinSCP offers scripting and basic file manager functionality.
- Graphical user interface
- Translated into several languages
- Integration with Windows (drag&drop, URL, shortcut icons)
- U3 support
- All common operations with files
- Support for SFTP and SCP protocols over SSH-1 and SSH-2 and plain old FTP protocol
- Batch file scripting and command-line interface
- Directory synchronization in several semi or fully automatic ways
- Integrated text editor
- Support for SSH password, keyboard-interactive, public key and Kerberos (GSS) authentication
- Integrates with Pageant (PuTTY authentication agent) for full support of public key authentication with SSH
- Explorer and Commander interfaces
- Optionally stores session information
- Optionally supports portable operation using a configuration file in place of registry entries, suitable for operation from removable media
WinSCP 5.19.2 changelog:
Translation completed: French.
Restored compatibility with FTP servers that return malformed cdir and pdir entries in directory listing. 2004
Fix from PuTTY 0.76: Avoid crash in MIT Kerberos for Windows on session restart.
SSH private key tools (PuTTYgen and Pageant) upgraded to PuTTY 0.76. It brings the following change: After 30 or so simultaneous sessions, Pageant stops working. win-pageant-max-connections
Bug fix: Empty local drive could not be entered. 2000
Bug fix: TLS settings in default site settings is not restored when opening Login dialog in some cases. 2001
Bug fix: Memory leak when deleting completed background transfers.
Bug fix: Hang when running under Task Scheduler or a similar service with session logging enabled. 2005
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware