Audacity is a free, open source digital audio editor and recording application. Edit your sounds using cut, copy, and paste features (with unlimited undo functionality), mix tracks, or apply effects to your recordings. The program also has a built-in amplitude-envelope editor, a customizable spectrogram mode, and a frequency-analysis window for audio-analysis applications. Built-in effects include bass boost, wah wah, and noise removal, and the program also supports VST plug-in effects.
You can use Audacity to:
- Record live audio.
- Convert tapes and records into digital recordings or CDs.
- Edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, WAV or AIFF sound files.
- Cut, copy, splice or mix sounds together.
- Change the speed or pitch of a recording.
- And more! See the complete list of features.
Audacity 2.0.6 changes:
- better user interface for Keyboard Preferences
- streamlining of several Menus
- LV2 now supported on all platforms, and improved VST settings interface
- translations updated, including adding Tamil language
- other improvements, including to import/export and ease of installation on Mac OS X
- user interface bug fixes to Region Restore, dragging selections, and many others
- effects bug fixes to add missing effects to Chains, fix accuracy of Analyze > Contrast, fix accuracy of Noise Removal attack and decay, and improve speed of Nyquist effects on OS X and Linux
- other bug fixes to Timeline after Loop Play, Transcription Toolbar, and Linux build issues
See 2.0.6 Release Notes for all the details.
Download: Audacity 2.0.6 | 21.8 MB (Open Source)
Download: Portable Audacity 2.0.6 | 8.5 MB
View: Audacity Home Page
7 Comments - Add comment