Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Quantum is Mozilla's project to build the next-generation web engine for Firefox users, building on the Gecko engine as a solid foundation. Quantum will leverage the fearless concurrency of Rust and high-performance components of Servo to bring more parallelization and GPU offloading to Firefox.
Firefox (Quantum) users will be impressed by the modern new design that puts their needs first. With the new (fast and fluid Photon) design, Firefox leaps ahead with a new interface that reflects today’s reality of High DPI displays and users who are more task focused than they’ve ever been. Photon doesn’t just look good, it’s also smarter. If you’re using Photon on a Windows PC with a touch display, the menus change size based on whether you click with a mouse or touch with a finger.
Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Firefox Quantum 61.0.1 fixes:
- Fixed broken website loading for Chinese users with accessibility enabled (Bug 1471824)
- Fix missing content on the New Tab Page and the Home section of the Preferences page (Bug 1471375)
- Fixed loss of bookmarks under rare circumstances when upgrading from Firefox 60 (Bug 1472127)
- Improved playback of Twitch 1080p video streams (Bug 1469257)
- Web pages no longer lose focus when a browser popup window is opened (Bug 1471415)
- Fixed launching of downloads without a file extension on Windows (Bug 1465458)
- Re-allowed downloading files from FTP sites via the "Save Link As" option when linked from HTTP pages (Bug 1470295)
- Fixed extensions being unable to override the default homepage in certain situations (Bug 1466846)
- Reference link to 61.0 release notes
Download: Firefox 61.0.1 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 61.0.1 for Linux | 64-bit | ~50.0 MB
Download: Firefox 61.0.1 for MacOS | 52.7 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
4 Comments - Add comment