Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI, browser speed and strong security capabilities.
Quantum is Mozilla's project to build the next-generation web engine for Firefox users, building on the Gecko engine as a solid foundation. Quantum will leverage the fearless concurrency of Rust and high-performance components of Servo to bring more parallelization and GPU offloading to Firefox.
Firefox (Quantum) users will be impressed by the modern new design that puts their needs first. With the new (fast and fluid Photon) design, Firefox leaps ahead with a new interface that reflects today’s reality of High DPI displays and users who are more task focused than they’ve ever been. Photon doesn’t just look good, it’s also smarter. If you’re using Photon on a Windows PC with a touch display, the menus change size based on whether you click with a mouse or touch with a finger.
Firefox includes pop-up blocking, tab-browsing, integrated Google search, simplified privacy controls, a streamlined browser window that shows you more of the page than any other browser and a number of additional features that work with you to help you get the most out of your time online.
Firefox Quantum 62.0.2 fixes:
- Unvisited bookmarks can once again be autofilled in the address bar (bug 1488879)
- WebGL rendering issues (bug 1489099)
- Updates from unpacked language packs no longer break the browser (bug 1488934)
- Fix fallback on startup when a language pack is missing (bug 1492459)
- Profile refresh from the Windows stub installer restarts the browser (bug 1491999)
- Properly restore window size and position when restarting on Windows (bugs 1489214and 1489852)
- Avoid crash when sharing a profile with newer (as yet unreleased) versions of Firefox (bug 1490585)
- Do not undo removal of search engines when using a language pack (bug 1489820)
- Fixed rendering of some web sites (bug 1421885)
- Restored compatibility with some sites using deprecated TLS settings (bug 1487517)
- Fix screen share on MacOS when using multiple monitors (bug 1487419)
- Various security fixes
Download: Firefox 62.0.2 for Windows | Firefox 64-bit | ~40.0 MB (Freeware)
Download: Firefox 62.0.2 for Linux | 64-bit | ~50.0 MB
Download: Firefox 62.0.2 for MacOS | 54.3 MB
View: Firefox Home Page | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
25 Comments - Add comment