Krita Desktop is a free an open source painting application. Krita is the full-featured free digital painting studio for artists who want to create professional work from start to end. Krita is used by comic book artists, illustrators, concept artists, matte and texture painters and in the digital VFX industry. Krita has been in development for over 10 years and has had an explosion in growth recently. It offers many common and innovative features to help the amateur and professional alike.
Krita has a user-friendly interface. The dockers and panels can be moved and customized for your specific workflow. Once you have your setup, you can save it as your own workspace. You can also create your own shortcuts for commonly used tools.
In addition to painting, Krita comes with vector, filter, group, and file layers. Combine, order, and flatten layers to help your artwork stay organized. There are also three different views on how to see the layers.
Krita supports full color management through LCMS for ICC and OpenColor IO for EXR, allowing you to incorporate Krita into your existing color management pipeline.
Open PSD files that even Photoshop cannot open. Load and save to PSD when you need to take your artwork across different programs.
Krita is the only dedicated painting application that lets you open, save, edit and author HDR and scene-referred images. Furthermore, with OCIO and OpenEXR support, you can manipulate the view to examine HDR images, and use it in the most cutting edge workflows from the film and visual effects industries.
Krita 5.1.3 fixes:
- For our builds: updated to the latest LittleCMS release candidate for increased performance and correctness. A lot of other dependencies were updated as well.
- Fix using the Global Menu in the Plasma desktop when using distribution packages. BUG:408015
- JPEG-XL, HEIF: Fix import/export of HDR Alpha Channels. BUG:460380
- JPEG-XL, HEIF: Fix clamping of normalized HDR values
- JPEG XL, HEIF: Fix saving OOTF removal if it’s enabled
- JPEG XL: Fix enabling HLG correction options
- JPEG-XL: Work around linear profiles having an undefined transfer function
- JPEG-XL: Optimize HDR export
- JPEG-XL: Improve compatibility with the currently experimental JPEG-XL support in Chrome
- Fix handling creating an image from clipboard when the clipboard is empty. BUG:459800
- Fix loading CSV animation files
- Fix paste outside of image boundaries. BUG:459111
- Fix aliasing of brush tips at small brush sizes.
- Fix issues with the Line tool. BUG:460461
- Fix a crash on selecting and cutting/copying in a new document. BUG:457475, BUG:460954
- Android: fix long-press producing a right-click event
- Android: handle touch events for Mirror decorations
- Fix a crash in the pattern fill layer. BUG:459906
- Fix foreground to background color switching of vector objects. BUG:458913
- Fix several issues in TIFF file export. BUG:459840
- Fix issues when changing color theme
- Fix saving files with extreme aspect ratios. BUG:460624
- Fix issues in the path selection tool
- Implement right-click to undo adding a point for the polyline tool
- Fix copy/paste with animated layers. BUG:457319, BUG:459763
- Make it possible to import more than one bundle at a time
- Make it possible to run Krita on Linux when SELinux is enabled. BUG:459490
- Fix a crash on startup when there is a PSD file with layer styles in the recent files list. BUG:459512
- Make it possible to run Python scripts if there is no paintable layer. BUG:459495
- Fix the Ten Scripts plugin to actually remember the selected scripts. BUG:421231
- Add an option to PNG export to convert to 8 bit on saving. BUG:459415
- Fix artifacts when hovering over reference images in HiDPI mode. BUG:441216
- Fix thumbnails for pass-through layers being created (they shouldn’t…) BUG:440960
- Make the OpenGL workaround available for all platforms. BUG:401940
- PSD: fix reading of layer blending ranges. BUG:459307
- Fix a lot of small memory leaks
- Fix copy-paste operation not working after using the move tool. BUG:458764
- Show all loaded python plugins in the Help->System Info dialog
- Show a busy cursor when saving a reference image set. BUG:427546
- Add Document::setModified to the scripting API. BUG:425066
- Fix a crash when trying to save an image with a fill layer. BUG:459252
- Fix a crash when copy/paste a shape or fill layer or a selection mask. BUG:458115
- Fix layer thumbnails when loading a 512×512 PSD file. BUG:458887
- Fix a crash when trying to copy-paste the background layer. BUG:458890,458857,458248,458941
- Don’t highlight a layer with a color label on mouse-over. BUG:459153
- Fix creating numbered backups for files with names that contain [ and ]. BUG:445500
- Add middle handles to perspective transform (patch by Carsten Hartenfels, thanks!)
- Fix dab inaccuracy of Sharpness brushes when outline preview snapping is disabled. BUG:458361
- Fix touchpad gestures on MacOS. BUG:456446
Download: Krita 5.1.3 (64-bit) | Portable | ~170.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Krita Windows App Store (commercial software)
View: Krita Home Page | Krita Screenshot | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment