Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 7.5.6 changelog:
- Fix macro playing back crash issue on new added "find previous" and "find next" buttons.
- Function List enhancement: Highlight the current function based on cursor position.
- Fix crash on styler dialog of User Defined Language dialog.
- Fix file status detection issue under Windows XP.
- Ghost typing enhancement: Unicode, syntax highlighting and speed support.
- (check the url for the usage of ghost typing on command line: https://notepad-plus-plus.org/features/ghost-typing.html )
- Add a message from outer space. (type "Space Invaders", select it, then hit F1.)
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware