O&O ShutUp10 a small portable utility that provides access to almost 50 privacy-related tweaks, most of them hidden or not easily accessible to the average computer users. Using a very simple interface, you decide how Windows 10 should respect your privacy by deciding which unwanted functions should be deactivated. Using ShutUp10 you can easily disable Windows Defender, turn off telemetry, disable peer-to-peer updates, turn off Wi-Fi Sense, disable automatic Windows updates, turn off and reset Cortana and more.
ShutUp10 allows you to create a System Restore point before you apply any changes, so that you can revert your system at any time if you run into problems.
O&O ShutUp10 is entirely free and does not have to be installed – it can be simply run directly and immediately on your PC. And it will not install or download retrospectively unwanted or unnecessary software, like so many other programs do these days!
Changes in version 1.4.1387:
- Improved support for certain Windows 10 OEM Versions
- Factory settings totally revised
- Setting “Do not show user ID on lock screen” was removed as some users had problems accessing their system
- Setting “Do not display last users on lock screen” was removed as some users had problems accessing their system
- Dialogue boxes were defective in high contrast mode
- Crash when clicking links where Google Chrome is set as the standard browser
- Notifications that some settings are managed by the organisation did not disappear after applying factory settings
- Available in German, English, French, Italian, and Russian:
- Language will be selected automatically based on the Windows setting