Battery Mode replaces Windows default battery indicator to a more powerful and useful one. It provides backlight control, easy power scheme selection, detailed battery information and a lot of handy features for customization. Works on Windows XP / Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8 / Windows 8.1 / Windows 10.
Advanced Power Scheme Selection
- Battery Mode allows you to change current power scheme right from the battery popup window.
- Unlike the standard popup in Windows 7-8.1, Battery Mode provides a full list of power schemes available on your system.
- You can setup a schedule to change power scheme automatically.
Comfortable Backlight Control
- You can use Battery Mode to control backlight on both internal and external monitors.
- Note: External monitors should support I2C interface and DDC/CI standard to work.
- Check the «Fixed screen brightness» option to prevent backlight level from changing when attaching power supply or changing power scheme.
- Brightness icon near backlight slider allows you to enable or disable «Adaptive brightness» (if your device support it).
Hotkeys for Power Users
- Battery Mode provides a customizable hotkey to change a power scheme without opening it's window.
- You can use NextScheme.exe utility to switch power scheme or control backlight in you scripts.
- Type NextScheme*.exe -? in command prompt to get help - NextScheme Documentation.
Battery Mode 18.104.22.168 changelog:
New Power Schemes "Best performance" and "Better battery" are available to users of Windows 10 1809 or higher. These Schemes are Power Modes of Balanced scheme, which are available via slider on regular Windows Battery Popup
Added an option which allows users of Windows 10 - powered mobile PCs to choose Power Scheme sets to be displayed in Battery Mode main window
Added an option to display current battery charge instead of battery icon in system tray
Implemented new Settings UI which makes it easier to configure Battery Mode UI and functionality
Added an option to choose the icon to be displayed while the battery is ejected from PC
Icon sets were adjusted to match Windows 10 Light theme
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware