Guess what folks! What seems to have taken forever, Gas Powered Games has finally managed to push out the final version of their v1.1 patch. Rejoice!
Fixes and updates in v1.1:
- Fixed all known Journal update issues related to quests. The Journal now updates correctly when a quest is completed or a new quest is received.
- Fixed all known content placement issues such as inaccessible containers that could not be opened and "floating" objects.
- Increased game performance in several previously low-performance areas.
- Resolved all known issues with end bosses, such as Gom not fighting back on rare occasions.
- Fixed all known fading issues.
- Updated ZoneMatch user interface and improved ZoneMatch functionality and performance in the following ways:
- Icon indicating password protected games.
- More user-friendly chat interface.
- New searching support based on user-defined filters.
- Ability to message friends from ZoneMatch interface, the Staging Area, and Game Summary screens.
- Increased stability.
- Resolved issues with sounds cutting out.
- Added safety to prevent the game from starting if critical resource files are missing. A notification dialog will appear if any of these files are missing.
- Added data corruption retry code - game will attempt to recover from unstable hardware causing corruption in data that is loaded from hard disk.
- Moved screen shots into their own subdirectory to clear up clutter. The new location is My DocumentsDungeon SiegeScreen Shots.
- Added new command line options:
- noalttab=true: prevents task switching during gameplay (supported in Windows XP only)
- nowinkeys=true: disables the Windows keys (supported in Windows 2000 and Windows XP only).
- user_path=: specifies where the user files go (rather than My DocumentsDungeon Siege).
- Other path-related command line options are: keys_path, map_paths, mod_paths, res_paths, save_path, and shots_path.
- Fixed the issue of a missing or moved "My Documents" folder causing problems such as crashing on game start.
- Improved many error messages to include more information to better help diagnose hardware configuration problems.
- Added an hourglass cursor to show when the game is busy.
- Switched to 100% client/server model to be more NAT- and firewall-friendly.
- Removed "chunky" and "superchunky" cheat codes.
- Displacers now save their state in the character save file in multiplayer using new quest saving functions, affording some measure of "saving" in multiplayer.
- "Transmute" scroll can no longer transmute characters into gold.
- Fixed problem of characters getting "stuck" in the Swamps.
- Switched map node mesh index format to be more mod-friendly when Siege Max is released.
- Added a new naming key format to be more mod-friendly.
- Exported many new functions to allow further modding of the game.
- Added dsdll extension method.
- Exported UI functions and added 'command' and 'call' actions for UI modding.
Download: Dungeon Siege v1.1 Patch