Fences is a program that helps you organize your desktop. It can hide icons when they are not in use as well as make it easy to place icons into moveable groups called "fences". Fences popularity has been driven by its capability to help users easily organize cluttered PC desktops by automatically grouping and sorting icons, shortcuts and files into managed fenced areas controlled by the user's custom settings. Fences 2.0 eliminates desktop clutter with adjustable fenced areas that organizes desktop objects into logical groups for quick access.
With this new release Fences users will now benefit from the ability to quickly create a portal view into all the files in a folder using an intuitively managed desktop fenced area. This enhancement extends the same organizational capabilities users have enjoyed with icons and shortcuts to folders. The new Fences 2.0 features will now keep frequently used folders visible and organized on the desktop by populating a fence with files from any folder. Customization options direct Fences to automatically place new icons in designated fenced areas. Additionally, a simple double click can hide or unhide all fence groups revealing an unobstructed view of the desktop.
New and improved in Fences version 2.0:
- Create shaded areas called "fences" on your desktop in which you can place and organize icons.
- NEW! Folder Portals: View and organize the contents of any folder as a fence on your desktop.
- NEW! Desktop Pages: Multiple pages of Fences accessed via mouse swipe.
- Double-click blank space on your desktop and all of your icons will fade out. Double-click again and they will return.
- Define rules for where your icons are placed and how they are arranged. When a new icon gets added, from an installer for instance, it will be automatically added to your preferred "fence".
- Customize the look and color of your fences.