Earlier this week, Microsoft released Windows 10 Mobile Insider Preview build 15207 to the Fast ring. It was the company's third build since it split its Mobile OS into a separate 'feature2' branch, breaking away from the main Redstone 3 Development Branch,that will become the next major update for Windows 10 PCs and other devices in September.
Today, the company released build 15208 to Windows 10 Mobile devices in the Fast ring, bringing two fixes:
- We’ve fixed the issue where some Insiders were unable to open both the Connect UX page and/or the “Add Bluetooth or other devices” setting on the Bluetooth Settings page.
- We fixed an issue resulting in an unexpected extra ~20 sec being added to the phone shutdown process due to a deadlock if you tried to shut down soon after switching from one network to another.
There are also some known issues to be aware of before installing the new build on your device:
- A small percentage of devices may experience text message backup loss related to backup and recovery of the messaging database.
- The copyright date is incorrect under Settings > System > About. It shows as 2016 when it should be 2017. Thanks to the Windows Insiders that reported this!
- Insiders may experience random shutdowns on some devices.
- In some cases, the WeChat app may crash on launch.
Microsoft is now supporting only 13 handsets on the Windows Insider Program - the same group of devices that are officially eligible for upgrade to the Windows 10 Mobile Creators Update. That update began rolling out earlier this week, bringing a handful of improvements, but some major features that had been promised did not make it into the update.