Cricket Wireless launched the Lumia 650 three months ago, priced at $129.99 with no annual contract, and a few weeks later, that price fell to $109.99. More recently, the carrier was offering the low-end, premium-styled Windows 10 Mobile handset for as little as $69.99 - but it's now available for even less.
Cricket is currently offering the Lumia 650 for just $49.99 with a new service activation on any of its contract-free plans with data. That includes options from the $40 Basic package, which comes with 2.5GB of 4G LTE data; up to the $70 Unlimited plan, which includes unlimited data, texts and calls. A $5 monthly credit is available on all of these plans for those who set up automatic payments.
The offer will remain available until August 21, or while supplies last. Further terms apply, including:
Online only. First month svc charge due at sale. Discount instant at point of sale. Fees, charges & restrictions apply. Return Fee: $25. Pricing, terms & restr's subject to change and may be modified, or terminated at any time without notice. Coverage & svc not avail. everywhere.
Cricket is owned by AT&T, but Cricket devices will not work with AT&T SIM cards (or those of any other carrier) without being unlocked, which it won't do until the handset has been in use for at least six months on an active account, or if you're on the carrier's Unlimited plan. If you prefer to purchase an unlocked Lumia 650, it's available from the Microsoft Store for $199.99.
The Lumia 650's key specs include:
- 5-inch AMOLED with HD (1280x720px) resolution and Gorilla Glass 3
- Quad-core 1.3GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 212 processor
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB onboard storage (plus microSD card support up to 200GB)
- 8MP rear camera with autofocus, LED flash and 720p video recording at 30fps
- 5MP front-facing camera with continuous autofocus, 'video light' and 720p video at 30fps
- Bluetooth 4.1
- Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n with support for Wi-Fi calling
- 4G LTE connectivity (bands 1, 3, 7, 8 and 20)
- NFC support
- microUSB 2.0 with Type B connector
- Removable 2000mAh battery
- 142 x 71 x 6.9mm; 122g
If you're thinking of purchasing the Lumia 650, make sure you check out our in-depth review before you buy.