"Everything" is an administrative tool that locates files and folders by filename instantly for Windows. Unlike Windows search "Everything" initially displays every file and folder on your computer (hence the name "Everything"). You type in a search filter to limit what files and folders are displayed. "Everything" only uses file and folder names and generally takes a few seconds to build its database. A fresh install of Windows XP SP2 (about 20,000 files) will take about 1 second to index. 1,000,000 files will take about 1 minute. The program will only locate files and folders on local NTFS volumes.
What's new in Everything 184.108.40.2063 Beta:
- fixed an issue with indexing deleted attributes in ReFS volumes
- fixed an issue with indexing very large ReFS volumes
- fixed an issue with indexing subst volumes
- fixed an issue with inline renaming and focus wrapping
- added option to remember search in bookmarks
- added option to remember view in bookmarks
- improved unicode normalization
- improved open path command
- improved tooltips
"Everything" is Freeware. If you use "Everything" in a commercial environment and find it useful a donation would be appreciated.