FileOptimizer is a lossless file size optimizer supporting AIR, APK, APNG APPX, BMP, CBZ, CHM, DOCX, DIB, DLL, EPUB, EXE, FAX, GIF, GZ, ICO, JAR, JPEG, LIB, MNG, MP3, MPP, OBJ, PNG, PPTX, ODT, OGG, OGV, PDF, PUB, SCR, SWF, TIF, VSD, WEBP, XAP, XLSX, and ZIP file formats among others.
It keeps the behavior of the file untouched, but with its size reduced thanks to several re-compression and optimization techniques.
- Suitable for home users that need to speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers.
- Suitable for webmasters to increase the page load speed.
- Suitable for web developers to reduce content weight.
- Suitable for desktop developers in any platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for mobile developers (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for server administrators that could integrate FileOptimizer via command line.
- Suitable for content creators and distributors to reduce content weights.
What's new in version 8.10 - 2015/12/26:
- Enhanced GZ, JPEG and PNG compression by adding ECT 0.1 by Felix Hanau.
- Fixed Windows 10 theme (d4k0).
- Workedarround a bug in C++ Builder Seattle that made executables require BORLANDMM.DLL -https://forums.embarcadero.com/thread.jspa?messageID=706835- (d4k0).
- Fixed a problem with disabled menu items after optimization (d4k0).
Version 8.00 - 2015/12/25:
- Added Windows 10 theme, enabled by default on Windows 10 or later.
- Prevented missing BTHPROPS.CPL and BLUETOOTHAPIS.DLL error on Wine by making them delay loaded on Win32 binaries to overcome C++ Builder XE7 bug (trlkly).
- Removed custom window frame, because it was always looked black with C++ Builder 10.
- Made check for updates detect faulty routers and switches returning HTML content when no valid data connection exists (Armin Mueller).
- Added INI option TempDirectory="" to specify FileOptimizer temporary folder to use. If empty, it will use system defaults. Set it to a fast SSD drive or ramdisk to increase performance (Newtomic).
- Prevented Windows message about "Program not responding" when adding lots of files (Zulfikar Raditya Hernanta).
- Upgraded to Ghostcript 9.18.
- Updated ImageMagick to 22.214.171.124 with HDRI support.
- Updated pngquant to 2.5.1.
- Updated Leanify to 0.4.3.
- Updated TruePNG to 0.6.1.8.
- Updated tidy-html5 to 4.9.26-191-gb4efe74 patched to be Windows XP compatible.
- Updated libwebp to 0.4.4.
- Updated ImageWorsener to 1.3.0.
- Updated to cppcheck 1.71.
- Updated to C++ Builder 10 Seattle.
- Better performance updating to ASMLib 2.36.
- Improved setup.
- Some minor optimizations and code cleanup.
- Upgraded distributions to 7-Zip 15.12.