Mp3tag is a powerful and yet easy-to-use tool to edit metadata (ID3, Vorbis Comments and APE) of common audio formats. It can rename files based on the tag information, replace characters or words from tags and filenames, import/export tag information, create playlists and more. The program supports online freedb database lookups for selected files, allowing you to automatically gather proper tag information for select files or CDs.
Mp3tag supports the following audio formats:
- Advanced Audio Coding (aac)
- Free Lossless Audio Codec (flac)
- Monkeys Audio (ape)
- Mpeg Layer 3 (mp3)
- MPEG-4 (mp4 / m4a / m4b / iTunes compatible)
- Musepack (mpc)
- Ogg Vorbis (ogg)
- OptimFROG (ofr)
- OptimFROG DualStream (ofs)
- Speex (spx)
- Toms Audio Kompressor (tak)
- True Audio (tta)
- Windows Media Audio (wma)
- WavPack (wv)
Changes in Mp3tag 2.85:
- FIX: Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (version 1709) was prevented from shutting down without user interaction in some cases.
- FIX: Tag Panel column width was calculated wrong if Tag Panel was docked horizontally (since 2.84d).
- NEW: added support for Matroska MKA/MKV files for Explorer context menu shell extension.
- FIX: deleting a file with subsongs did not remove the other subsongs of that file from the file list.
- FIX: removing MP4 chapters from a filtered file list left orphan subsongs of those files when disabling the filter.
- FIX: moving subsongs from a filtered file list left orphan subsongs of those files when disabling the filter.
- FIX: moving files from a filtered file list did not update file list correctly (since 2.84).
- FIX: importing format descriptions to MEDIATYPE field via Discogs tag source did not work.
- FIX: GDI resource leak when populating the list of user-defined tools.
- FIX: relative paths from playlists were not canonicalized and sometimes unnecessarily exceeded the 260 character path limit.
- LNG: updated Hungarian and Swedish language files.
- NEW: extended list of default genres by ID3v1 genres 148 to 191.
- FIX: runtime error when using Mp3tag on computers with older CPUs (e.g, Pentium III, Athlon XP, ...) (since 2.84b).
- NEW: added support for Matroska MKA/MKV files.
- CHG: updated internally used libraries.
- FIX: contents of BPM fields for MP4 were not read in some cases.
- CHG: querying via Discogs Release ID now also works in [r1234567] format (as available on the Discogs website).
Download: Mp3tag 2.85 | 3.1 MB (Freeware)
Link: Mp3tag Homepage
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment