Notepad++ is a free (as in "free speech" and also as in "free beer") source code editor and Notepad replacement that supports several languages. Running in the MS Windows environment, its use is governed by GPL License.
Based on the powerful editing component Scintilla, Notepad++ is written in C++ and uses pure Win32 API and STL which ensures a higher execution speed and smaller program size. By optimizing as many routines as possible without losing user friendliness, Notepad++ is trying to reduce the world carbon dioxide emissions. When using less CPU power, the PC can throttle down and reduce power consumption, resulting in a greener environment.
Notepad++ 8.4.6 changelog:
- Add Change History markers for document saved/unsaved/undone modification. (Fix #12164, #12046)
- Add setting tab color ability. (Fix #2271)
- Update to Scintilla 5.3.0 and Lexilla 5.1.9 (Implement #12045)
- Fix “Never” button not showing on Updater dialog regression. (Implement 9c86a33)
- Fix a printing selection regression. (Fix #11826, #12033, #11638)
- Revamp tab context menu: make it less cluttered by adding sub-menu. (Fix #12147)
- Fix a security vulnerability. (Fix #12113)
- Add dark mode support to Choose Color dialog. (Fix #12148)
- Add a page (tab) for incompatible (unloaded) plugins in Plugin Admin. (Fix #12069)
- Add Plugin list repository link and its version in PluginAdmin dialog.
- Fix horizontal bar showing issue while resizing document list’s height. (Fix #12191)
- Fix NPPN_DARKMODECHANGED wrong return value to plugins. (Fix #12144).
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware