NTLite is a Windows configuration tool that allows you to modify your existing Windows install or an image yet to be deployed, remove Windows components, configure and integrate, speed up the Windows deployment process. Reduce Windows footprint on your RAM and storage drive memory. Remove components of your choice, guarded by compatibility safety mechanisms, which speed up finding that sweet spot. Windows Unattended feature support, providing many commonly used options on a single page for easy setup.
Easily integrate a single or multiple drivers, update or language packages. Package integration features smart sorting, enabling you to seamlessly add packages for integration and the tool will apply them in the appropriate order, keeping hotfix compatibility in check.
One of the important new features of NTLite (compared to its predecessors) is the ability to modify an already installed the operating system, by removing unnecessary components.
Supports Windows 11, 10, 8.1 and 7, x86 and x64, live and image. Server editions of the same versions, excluding support for component removals and feature configuration. ARM64 image support in the alpha stage. Does not support Checked/Debug, Embedded, IoT editions, nor Vista or XP.
NTLite 188.8.131.5202 changelog:
- ISO: ‘Prompt for any key before booting’ Apply – Create ISO – suboption, disable to not prompt for any key, always boot directly
- Components: Faster live (C:\Windows) app removals
- Components: ‘Disk Quota’ 32-bit split, 64-bit version needed for ZoneAlarm installer among other things
- Components: ‘Wi-Fi Direct Services Connection Manager Service’ moved under ‘Bluetooth’, needed for adding devices
- Components: ‘Yubikey’ compatibility renamed and upgraded to ‘Biometric’, now includes Biometric/Fingerprint support and PIN sign-in protections
- Components: ‘Telemetry Client’ and ‘System Guard’ leftovers
- Components: ‘OneSettings Client’ better split from ‘Insider Program’ and added to Store compatibility due to RuntimeBroker dependency
- Settings: ‘Show accent color on Start and taskbar’ setting returned
- UI-Translation: Thanks for German (Cartman586) and Romanian (Coman)
- Components: ‘Event Viewer’ removal was breaking Event Log service startup
- Components: Error 2 on driver removal on rare occasions (confirmed on an Italian Win10 ISO)
- Components: App removal in DISM-only mode was causing error 8007042B during self-upgrade (Host refresh) migration
- Components: ‘Manifest Backup’ removal leftovers in some cases
- Components: ‘Static Font Cache’ detection after removal
- Components: ‘Wallet Service’ split into app ‘Microsoft Pay’ and support ‘Wallet Service’
- (to allow parallel removal for those using DISM mode for app removal instead of removal in two sessions)
- Components: ‘Windows Mail’ split into app ‘Mail and Calendar’ and support ‘Windows Mail’
- (make sure to re-uncheck these if you were deep-removing apps before)
- Components: ‘IKE and AuthIP’ added to SFC compat, to remove confusion why it’s sometimes still on the list
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware