Password Safe is a password database utility. Like many other such products, commercial and otherwise, it stores your passwords in an encrypted file, allowing you to remember only one password (the "safe combination"), instead of all the username/password combinations that you use. Once stored, your user names and passwords are just a few clicks away.
Using Password Safe you can organize your passwords using your own customizable references—for example, by user ID, category, web site, or location. You can choose to store all your passwords in a single encrypted master password list (an encrypted password database), or use multiple databases to further organize your passwords (work and home, for example). And with its intuitive interface you will be up and running in minutes.
PasswordSafe was originally designed by the renowned security technologist Bruce Schneier and released as a free utility application.
New features in v3.56.0:
FR894 Support OnlyKey 2FA
Bugs fixed in 3.56
- SF1542 UNC paths now accepted as backup directory
- SF1530 Maximized window is now restored as such after unlock
- GH737 Fixed crash in 64 bit version when selecting View -> Filters -> New/edit Filter -> Field DCA (or Shift-DCA) followed by Citeria selection
- GH573,SF1488 "Remind" Windows when PasswordSafe should stay topmost
- Fixed Notes line parsing in Run command
Changes in 3.56
- Entire password can be selected in password subset display by specifying '*'
- Arabic support added
Download: PasswordSafe 32-bit | Portable 32-bit | ~16.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: PasswordSafe 64-bit | Portable 64-bit
View: PasswordSafe Website | Quickstart Guide
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
1 Comment - Add comment