Rainmeter is a free, open-source platform that enables skins to run on the desktop. Rainmeter allows you to display customizable skins on your desktop, from hardware usage meters to fully functional audio visualizers. You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
Rainmeter is the best known and most popular desktop customization program for Windows. Enhance your Windows computer at home or work with skins; handy, compact applets that float freely on your desktop. Rainmeter skins provide you with useful information at a glance. It's easy to keep an eye on your system resources, like memory and battery power, or your online data streams, including email, RSS feeds, and weather forecasts.
Many skins are even functional: they can record your notes and to-do lists, launch your favorite applications, and control your media player - all in a clean, unobtrusive interface that you can rearrange and customize to your liking. Rainmeter is at once an application and a toolkit.
Rainmeter is open source software distributed free of charge under the terms of the GNU GPL v2 license.
Rainmeter 4.5.17 (revision 3700) changelog:
- String meter: FontSize and InlineSetting=Size now accept floating point (i.e. decimal) values.
- Measure: A warning message is only triggered if MaxValue is less than MinValue, not the same.
- Languages: Updated localization strings for Arabic, Spanish Modern, Polish, Indonesian, Thai.
- Rainmeter: Fix skin draggable checkbox not updating state when global setting is changed. Change provided by user Joehuu.
- ConfigParser: Fixed an issue when reading empty color options.
- GameMode: Fixed layout loading with "On Start" action.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware