Run programs in a sandbox to prevent malware from making permanent changes to your PC.
Sandboxie allows you to run your browser, or any other program, so that all changes that result from the usage are kept in a sandbox environment, which can then be deleted later.
Sandboxie is a sandbox-based isolation software for 32- and 64-bit Windows NT-based operating systems. It is being developed by David Xanatos since it became open source, before that it was developed by Sophos (which acquired it from Invincea, which acquired it earlier from the original author Ronen Tzur). It creates a sandbox-like isolated operating environment in which applications can be run or installed without permanently modifying the local or mapped drive. An isolated virtual environment allows controlled testing of untrusted programs and web surfing.
Sandboxie is available in two flavors Plus and Classic. Both have the same core components, this means they have the same level of security and compatibility. What's different is the user interface the Plus build has a modern Qt based UI which supports all new features that have been added since the project went open source. The Classic build has the old no longer developed MFC based UI, hence it lacks support for modern features, these features can however still be used when manually configured in the Sandboxie.ini.
Sandboxie Plus 1.0.19 / Classic 5.55.19 changelog:
added drag and drop support for groups #1775
added del key support to the box view for all entry types #1779
added warning when trying to run explorer.exe in a box with OpenCOM #1716
- fixed crash issue in the sandman ui #1772
- fixed issue some installers when EnableObjectFiltering is enabled #1795
- fixed to allow NtCreateSymbolicLinkObject to be used safely in the sandbox
- added workaround for a vivaldi hooking issue 1783
- -- Note: its a very provisional fix hence it can be disabled with UseVivaldiWorkaround=n
- fixed registry issue with snapshots #1782
- fixed issue with box grouping #1778 #1777 #1776
- fixed more issue with box grouping #1698 #1697
- fixed issues with snadshot ui #1696 #1695
- fixed issue with recovery dialog focus #1374
Download: Sandboxie Plus 1.0.19 (64-bit) | Sandboxie Plus 1.0.19 (32-bit) ~16.0 MB (Open Source)
Download: Sandboxie 5.55.19 Classic (64-bit) | Sandboxie 5.55.19 Classic (32-bit) ~3.0 MB
View: Sandboxie Website | Sandboxie Plus Home Page | GitHub | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware