Traditional blacklist antivirus software attempts to block the 15,000+ new viruses a day. Antivirus companies cannot possibly keep up with all of the new viruses. VoodooShield will block all the executable code (including viruses), except the software you allow. Most viruses attack through Web browsers. VoodooShield uses a proprietary proactive whitelist approach to virus protection. When used properly, VoodooShield will effectively block ALL email and browser-based viruses and malware. VoodooShield is extremely fast and lightweight.
Since VoodooShield is completely different from traditional antivirus software, it is VITAL that you understand how it works in order to use it properly. Training VoodooShield is much easier and quicker than you would think. On average, it takes around a total of 10 minutes to train VoodooShield. Once VoodooShield is trained, you never have to worry about annoying AntiVirus pop ups and scans again. Please watch this video to see how to train VoodooShield.
VoodooShield was designed to be a better alternative to the Microsoft Windows User Account Control (UAC). While VoodooShield is compatible with UAC, VoodooShield works best with UAC disabled, and on computers whose user accounts run as administrator. During installation, VoodooShield will disable UAC so it can run in an optimal state.
What is the difference between VoodooShield Free and Pro?
The installer and software are the same. VoodooShield is free to non-commercial home users, but does not allow the user to adjust most of the settings and tweaks that are available in the Pro version. VoodooShield Free is pre-configured with optimal settings which will work great for the majority of users. VoodooShield Pro allows the user to adjust and tweak the settings and also includes several corporate features that are useful in the enterprise.
VoodooShield is compatible with Windows Vista, 7, 8, & 10.
VoodooShield 3.51 changelog:
- Added compression utilities to the vulnerable process list
- There was an extremely uncommon silent blocking issue when VS could not determine the absolute path, this is fixed
- Blocking in Disable / Install Mode should be fixed, if not, please let me know
- Regional bug when the system time was changed to a different format should be fixed
- Drag and drop and the right click context "VoodooShield Scan" now supports all file types
- Logging bug fixed
- Too many command lines were being added to the list... should be fixed
- Xcopy was being blocked by batch files
- "Threats Blocked: x" to be a clickable button that leads you to the UI section that shows your quarantine/blocked was added
- A lot of other small fixes