WinLock ensures that only authorized people can access sensitive information on your computer. With WinLock you can control how long others can use your computer. It runs from the system tray and requires a password to gain access to the available settings. It loads automatically with Windows and allows you to add an optional startup message, provide audio notification, and set the time limit. Once that limit is reached, Windows is summarily shut down. You can toggle the timer on and off from the tray. When enabled, there is no way around it without the proper password.
WinLock also allows to disable Windows hot keys (such as Alt-Ctrl-Del, Alt-Tab, Ctrl-Esc, etc.), lock Windows desktop, customize Start menu, hide Start button and Switch bar, and much more...
Block Windows and Lock Files features allow to block virtually any application or any part of it (window, popup message, dialog box), Explorer Windows (My Computer, Recycle Bin etc.), and lock selected files. Restricted sites feature filters Internet content and prohibits access to questionable websites.
WinLock is available in two editions: Standard and Professional. WinLock Professional offers all features of the WinLock, plus several advanced security capabilities of interest to the professional users. The advanced features of the Professional edition are:
- Support for multi-user environment
- Internet Explorer restrictions
- Google Chrome restrictions
- Search through website for prohibited keywords
- Guest password
- USB key authentication
- Webcam snapshots
- Flexible removable drive restrictions
WinLock 9.1.5 changelog:
- Full support for Windows 11.
- System window frame option.
- Active days of week under timer settings.
- Disable right-click app menu.
- Disable sign-in options.
- Disable Edge sidebar.
- Wildcards under trusted sites.
- Apply profile now supports domain users.
- Support for TLS connection.
- Disable Ctrl+D.
- Redirect now works with most known browsers.
- Support for the latest version of Remote Administrator.
- Minor fixes and improvements.
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware