WinRAR is an archiving utility that completely supports RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives. It consistently makes smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs. WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits. It supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. It also offers the ability to create self extracting and multi volume archives. With recovery record and recovery volumes, you can reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
WinRAR 5.71 Beta 2 changelog:
Master password processing
- if password stored in compression profile is protected with master password and user entered a wrong master password after choosing a profile, "the specified password is incorrect" message is displayed before repeating request;
- if -cp<profile_name> switch is used, profile stores a password protected with master password and user cancels the master password prompt, the entire archiving command is cancelled. Previous versions continued archiving without a password.
- When repairing archives in command line, it is allowed to specify a name of existing destination folder also without trailing path separator. Previously "r" command accepted only "destfolder\" format. Path separator is still required if destination folder does not exist.
- WinRAR could crash when attempting to display some types of archive comments in GUI shell, resulting in a denial of service;
- current archive name was not updated in hint message associated with tray icon when repairing several archives in background.
Download: WinRAR 5.71 Beta 2 32-bit | 2.8 MB (Shareware)
Download: WinRAR 5.71 Beta 2 64-bit | 3.0 MB
Links: WinRAR Website | WinRAR Themes | Release Notes
Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware
0 Comments - Add comment