FileOptimizer is a lossless file size optimizer supporting AIR, APK, APNG APPX, BMP, CBZ, CHM, DOCX, DIB, DLL, EPUB, EXE, FAX, GIF, GZ, ICO, JAR, JPEG, LIB, MNG, MP3, MPP, OBJ, PNG, PPTX, ODT, OGG, OGV, PDF, PUB, SCR, SWF, TIF, VSD, WEBP, XAP, XLSX, and ZIP file formats among others.
It keeps the behavior of the file untouched, but with its size reduced thanks to several re-compression and optimization techniques.
- Suitable for home users that need to speedup file transfers no matter if they are in email attachments, P2P or shared upload servers.
- Suitable for webmasters to increase the page load speed.
- Suitable for web developers to reduce content weight.
- Suitable for desktop developers in any platform (Windows, Linux, MacOS, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for mobile developers (Android, iOS, Windows Phone, ...) to reduce distribution sizes and reduce load times.
- Suitable for server administrators that could integrate FileOptimizer via command line.
- Suitable for content creators and distributors to reduce content weights.
What's new in this version:
- Added PCX optimization support with PCXLite (no404error).
- Do not allow adding the same file more than once (mario lópez)
- Improved GIF compression ratio upgrading to gifsicle 1.82 (custom build).
- Compiled gifsicle with Visual C++ 2013.
- Improved JPEG compression replacing jpegtran with mozjpeg.
- Improved GZ, MNG, PNG, and ZIP compression ratio updating to AdvanceCOMP 1.19.
- Improved WEBP compression ratio updating to libwebp 0.4.0.
- libwebp changed to without WIC codes to reduce external dependencies.
- Upgraded ImageWorsener to 1.2.0.
- Upgraded to zRecompress 2.12.
- Updated to ImageMagick 184.108.40.206.
- Fixed remove selected files out of bounds error.
- Windows 8.1 compatibility enhancements.
- Better performance updating to ASMLib 2.34.
- Upgraded to WinCHM 4.35.
- Upgraded distributions to 7-Zip 9.32.